tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 30 21:31:28 2002

Re: two different types of object

> >>qorDu'wIj jIH je chequvmoH
> >>"my family and me, you honor us"
> >>
> >>sounds okay. I didn't think about that one.
> >>Probably because "them" plus "me" is not always "us".

Qov:
> >When is them plus me not us?

At least in German and dutch, "us" only refers to persons, as far as I know.
This situation:
Somebody is sitting on the roof, and his computer is right next to him. A
friend of him is looking for that person. Would the person say "do you see
us?", talking about the computer and himself?

I don't know if it's wrong, but somehow it sounds wrong.

Hm. I'm not sure.
There we see that while learning a foreign language, you start to think
about your native language.

Now that I think about it (that klingon has only one first person plural),
it just *must* be correct. In German or any other language I don't know either
how to say it.

Quvar.

http://www.gmx.net

Back to archive top level