tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Aug 24 05:00:19 2002

Re: Can anyone answer my question?

>>Side note:
>>What Kruge says right before that point is one of the great
>>retcons of Klingon.  The Klingon is "qama'pu' jonta' neH!"; the
>>original script had the English as "I told you: engine only!"

One similar story is the following:
From ST5: The klingons are speaking about what is gonna happen, after they captured kirk.
{vaj toDDujDaj ngeHbej DIvI'} "So the federation will certainly send their rescueship."
Unfortunately, the movie-makers (how should I call it??) made a mistake, and used that phrase twice. Now
Okrand had to re-phrase it, and it became {vaj toDuj Daj ngeHbej DI vI'} "Shooting space garbage is no
test of a warrior's mettle." Now I know why there is two words for..., em, no, ... vaj is not the same as
SuvwI' :-)

Quvar.

Back to archive top level