tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Oct 18 14:17:31 2001

Re: (no longer KLBC) 'ej/je (was: Re: KLBC: Limmerick vIqonta')

> Not really.  TKD simply doesn't fully explain that the difference between
> "sentence" and "verb" in Klingon is very slight.

When the verb is being used as the main verb.  When you throw -bogh on the verb
or use the verb as an adjective, it is no longer a sentence.

> We've seen example after example that shows that sentences are really just
> verbs that may or may not have nouns associated with them.  It should come
> as no surprise when we see verbs conjoined by the so-called sentence
> conjunctions.

Yes, sentences are verbs, with or without nouns.
But a verb with -bogh is not a sentence, it is a relative clause.

DloraH

Back to archive top level