tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Oct 05 02:03:11 2001

Modified Adverbials

While we have seen several (but not all) adverbials taking the VERB suffix
{-Ha'}, I cannot recall legal use of any other suffix, of any kind, being
allowed on an adverbial.  Does anyone have a complete list of adverbials
which may use {-Ha'} and what they now mean?  At the qep'a' SochDIch I asked
MO about some.  Most were approved.  I really liked {jaSHa'}, but MO
disallowed that particular one.

Would it mean anything to say {nomchu'}, {tughbej}?  I'd guess that's
stretching the language in ways it has never gone, and is not advisable.

What about {naDevDaj}?  {voghmaj}?  {Datchaj}?  Probably senseless drivel.
The basic semi-adverbials are nouns, but that may not mean they can take the
usual noun suffixes, right?

peHruS rambles

Back to archive top level