tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Oct 05 07:34:31 2001

Re: Modified Adverbials

From: <[email protected]>
> Would it mean anything to say {nomchu'}, {tughbej}?  I'd guess that's
> stretching the language in ways it has never gone, and is not advisable.

There are no /chuvmey/ suffixes, so adding verbal suffixes without a
Maltz-specified exception is not allowed.

> What about {naDevDaj}?  {voghmaj}?  {Datchaj}?  Probably senseless drivel.
> The basic semi-adverbials are nouns, but that may not mean they can take
the
> usual noun suffixes, right?

These words are grammatically allowed, but it would take an extraordinary
context for them to make sense.  They are only adverbial in the way in which
they are used; they are definitely /DIpmey/.  There is no rule which states
they are not allowed.

SuStel
Stardate 1761.8

Back to archive top level