tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Oct 02 10:18:32 2001

Re: wa' Qebna'

>     wa' Qebna'mo' Hoch vIche'jaj

If you want: "May I rule everyone because of one true ring.", then you are
correct.

>     wa' Qebna'mo' vItu'jaj

If you want: "May I discover it because of one true ring.", then you are
correct.

>     wa' Qebna'mo' Hoch vIqemjaj

If you want: "May I bring everything because of one true ring.", then you are
correct.

>     'ej mIghghachDaq vIbaghta'jaj

"and may I have tied it in the state of being evil.", Hmm.
You can't put a type 7 suffix (-ta') with -jaj.
"in evil".  In english we say things like "good versus evil".  With klingons,
someone takes action honorably, or dishonorably.  They can be described
as "evil".  But can they be "in" evil.  (Well, I felt like I was "in" evil when
I was in Salem and Los Vages, but that would be for philosophers to debate.)
"Kahless fought against evil".  Redo this as "Kahless fought against all which
is evil" - mIghbogh Hoch Suv qeylIS, or - mIghwI' Suv qeylIS.  Ideas you can
play with anyways.

>       *morDor* puHDaq

"In the land of Mordor..."

>       QotboghDaq QIb

You have a verb suffix and a noun suffix on the same word.

> ... the original...

Which is?  Show us the original and I will be able to help you more.

DloraH, BG

Back to archive top level