tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 16 08:15:43 2001

RE: purpose clause with -meH

Note that a verb with {-meH} can modify a noun as well as a verb. This is
typically something that you learn AFTER you learn that {-meH} verbs give
the purpose of the action of the main verb. Well, it also gives the purpose
of a noun. In this case, {HaDmeH paq} is quite valid as a noun phrase where
{HaDmeH} modifies {paq} rather than having {paq} be the subject of {HaDmeH}.

SarrIS

Back to archive top level