tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 16 05:42:13 2001

RE: More proverbs

Voragh:
> [snip]

I enjoyed reading all these versions of the translations and ideas.
maj.  I will clearly have to give this phrase a lot more thought.

> But we've again avoided Aristotle's point:  A mind able to entertain a thought
> without accepting it is one of the signs of education.  {magh} "indicate,
> reveal" works for this.  I think that since we have such a high-falutin'
> sentence already, we might well venture a {-ghach}:
>
>   yab'e' lughojmoHlu'bogh magh qech lajnISbe'bogh qellaHghach.
>
> How's that?  (Anyone remember offhand what the original Greek was?)

Did you mean another word, or is this an additional meaning of
{magh}?  I looked through my sources and can't find this meaning of
{magh} "betray", where is it defined as "indicate, reveal"?

--
De'vID