tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 05 18:37:10 2001

Re: Grammar Highlight Each Day (-vaD)

PeHruS:
> >The noun suffix, type 5 {-vaD} covers both the dative and allative
> >concepts of English.

SarrIS:
> I'm somewhat puzzled that you seem to think these terms will somehow make
> beginners less intimidated or more understanding of the grammar.

I don't have a problem with using words like ``dative'' around beginners,
but they should be translated from the Latin.

Dative is the ``giving case''; it marks the recipient of the giving.

Jiri
--
Jiri Baum <[email protected]>
I can't figure out whether keeping all my friends in a tickle file would be

Back to archive top level