tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Feb 16 20:53:40 2001

Re: early bird

ja' De'vID:
>DaHjaj jInmol vImuchmo', jIvemchoHDI' jI'eq.  ?
>Today because I will present a project, when I woke up I was early.
>(But I don't want to say "I" was early...)

It sounds like you woke up exactly when you planned to, so {'eq} seems like
it doesn't apply at all.  I think "before" is the right concept, not
"earlier".  You just want to say that you woke up before your usual time,
right?

DaHjaj bIvem qaSpa' vemchoHghachlIj motlh.

-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level