tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Feb 15 03:26:07 2001

early bird

How does one use {'eq} "early"?  I remember the very brief example from
one of the tapes (I think CK).  It seems to indicate that {'eq} means
"early" in the sense of being ahead of time for something, and
(possibly) not in the sense of indicating a time, say, from past
midnight to dawn.

I wanted to say something like, "Because I have a presentation to make
today, I woke up early" (or "earlier than usual"... something along
those lines).

DaHjaj jInmol vImuchmo', jIvemchoHDI' jI'eq.  ?
Today because I will present a project, when I woke up I was early.
(But I don't want to say "I" was early...)

DaHjaj jInmol vImuchmo', DaHjaj jIvemmeH poH 'eq law'
jIvemmeH poH motlh  'eq puS.  ?
Today because I will present a project, today's period of time when
I wake up is earlier than the usual period of time when I wake up,
i.e. I woke up earlier than usual.  However, a long sentence such
as this one does not "feel" Klingon to me.

Do'Ha', {'eq} vIqel 'e' vImevnIS ... jImuchrup 'e' vIqeq.

--
De'vID