tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Sep 21 21:11:00 2000

RE: *Italia*ngan qepHom wa'DIch [probably KLBC]

ja'pu' Tremal:
>vengwIjDaq tlhIngan Hol vISovmoHmo', wa'leS qepHom wIchen jIH
>juppu'wI'... jeSlaw' nuvpu' law' 'ej QaQ qepHomvam 'e' vItul.

ja' taD:
>{tlhIngan Hol vISovmoH} sounds like it could be confusing. Since {tlhIngan
>Hol} is the object of the verb, it looks like you're saying "I cause the
>Klingon language to know", which isn't what you want.

Perhaps {noymoH} "cause to be well known" would work instead.

For what it's worth, the verb {num} "promote" is used in this sense on the
{matlh jupna'} certificate.  I wouldn't have expected it to have that kind
of meaning (increasing rank seemed more likely), but there it is, on a
document bearing Marc Okrand's signature.

-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level