tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 11 21:36:01 2000

Re: KLBC: Sto-Vo-Kor lojmItmey

ja' De'vID:
>...Again, please tell me if there are better ways I could've
>expressed things.

lu'.

>"DaH ghe'tor lojmItmey lupoSmoHlu'!"
>"Here open the gates of hell!"

chaq <DaH poSchoH ghe'tor lojmItmey!> DaparHa'.

Whenever {-moHlu'} is used on a verb of quality like "be open", the
idea can often be more clearly expressed by moving the verb to the
other end of the sentence.  Note also that I've added {-choH}.  If
you're not sure why it's appropriate, ask.

>jatlh *Hakuin: "DaH Sto-Vo-Kor lojmItmey lupoSmoHlu'."
>= Hakuin said, "Here open the gates of paradise."

The same thing applies here.

By the way, I'm very impressed by your translating "here" as {DaH}.
majQa'.

-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level