tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 13 07:20:48 2000

Re: KLBC: Sto-Vo-Kor lojmItmey

jatlh ghunchu'wI':

> >"DaH ghe'tor lojmItmey lupoSmoHlu'!"
> >"Here open the gates of hell!"
>
> chaq <DaH poSchoH ghe'tor lojmItmey!> DaparHa'.

lu'.  mu'tlheghlIj QaQ law' mu'tlheghwIj QaQ puS.
jI"be experienced"be'mo', vaj rut qech vIDeltaHvIS, tlhIngan Hol
mu'tlhegh vIjatlhHa'law'.

> Whenever {-moHlu'} is used on a verb of quality like "be open", the
> idea can often be more clearly expressed by moving the verb to the
> other end of the sentence.  Note also that I've added {-choH}.  If
> you're not sure why it's appropriate, ask.

Recently there were some posts about culture not translating
properly.  I must remember to make my sentences more "active" in the
Klingon.

> >jatlh *Hakuin: "DaH Sto-Vo-Kor lojmItmey lupoSmoHlu'."
> >= Hakuin said, "Here open the gates of paradise."
>
> The same thing applies here.
>
> By the way, I'm very impressed by your translating "here" as {DaH}.
> majQa'.

You mean, by my translating <DaH> in the Klingon original as "here"
in the English. =)

> -- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Qapla'!
--
De'vID

Beam to http://www.StarTrek.com
Now featuring the Star Trek Store and
the official site for Star Trek: Insurrection.

Back to archive top level