tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Feb 24 12:43:39 2000

Re: KLBC - Conversational Klingon

While others have pretty much recreated it as I remember
it, I'll just note that if necessary, I do have the literal
translation of this segment. It was placed on the sound
chip for a Klingon paperweight I have at home. It's like
one of those snow-man globes, only instead of a snow scene
in the globe with white floating stuff, it is an outer
space scene with a Bird of Prey. Shake it and sparkles
shimmer.

I don't know why.

Anyway, turn it on and things light up and it plays a sound
chip that includes all these lines from the beginning of
CK. A card comes with it with a transcription and
translation for everything in the conversation.

For the sake of consistency (instead of spreading it all
across several Emails), I'll repeat what I remember as the
correct lines:

On Wed, 23 Feb 2000 22:06:47 +0000 (GMT Standard Time) Mike
Crane <[email protected]> wrote:
> For no apparent reason I decided to translate the intro to
> the Conversational Klingon tape. After slowing it down and
> listening to it over and over this is what I got:
>
> Okrand:	tuch Qu' choH
> 	I forbid you to change mission

tujqu'choH QuQ - The engines are overheating. [The next
syllable was the end of the previous exclammation.]

> Woman:	Qor nughoS jaH
> 	The battle is approaching us

nughoS chaH. They are approaching us.

> Man:  	chay' jura'
> 	What are your orders?
>
> Woman:	Qu'vatlh
> 	*%&#!
>
> Okrand:	vaj maHegh.  cha yIghuS
> 	In that case, we die.  Stand by torpedoes.

batlh maHegh. We die honorably. cha yIghuS. Stand by
torpedoes.

> Man:  	So'wI' yIchu'Ha'
> 	Disengage cloaking device.
>
> Woman:	baH
> 	Fire!
>
> Okrand:	bIjeghbe'chugh vaj biHegh!  thlIngan maH!
> 	Surrender or die!  We are Klingon!
>
> Is this all correct? I couldn't quite get the Woman's first
> line (her second was clear enough)
>
> Mike

charghwI'

Back to archive top level