tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Feb 14 18:43:06 2000

RE: KLBC <chyrano berjeraq>

>> > por chIS ghaj mIvDaj.

ja' Qov:
>Similarly to the /Quch Hab/, I balked at this one.  If the white leaf is a
>picture, then I would write /mIvDaq por chIS cha'lu'/.

I took it to imply that the leaf is a symbol of some sort.  I actually
preferred the {ghaj} phrasing, because of the idiomatic meaning of the
phrase {mIvDaq pogh cha'}.

>If an actual leaf,
>then /mIvDaq por chIS tu'lu'/, or /lanlu'ta'/.  The /ghaj/ made me think of
>the helmet's HAVING of the leaf, and wondering about that, rather than the
>leaf was there.

I thought the same thing, but it made sense to me and I didn't wonder about
it.  Maybe I should have thought longer? :-)

-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level