tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Feb 14 18:05:20 2000

RE: KLBC <chyrano berjeraq>

jatlh SuStel:

> In fact, script written by Okrand, and removed from Star Trek V, indicates

> that both /qIm/ and /'Ij/ are transitive.  This stuff was written by
Okrand
> but never completed on film.  Some may say it's not "canon," but it's what

> Okrand was thinking . . . .

> Sorry, forgot to mention: this comes from the December HolQeD.

Qu'vatlh ghay'cha' baQa'. HolQeDvetlh vIlIjpu'. I had it floating around in
the back of my mind that we found out recently that <qIm> was transitive,
but I could not remember where. I also forgot that <'Ij> was included as
well - probably because I was ambivalent about <qIm>, but I really *liked*
the idea of <'Ij> as intransitive. Oh, well.

pagh

Back to archive top level