tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 19 11:54:43 1999

RE: First Contacts KLBC

jatlh T'uvien:

> choghItlh (does that make sense?)

jIjatlh:

> *New Zealand* DaDab'a'? jIloy neH.
> Do you live in New Zealand? I am just guessing.

jatlh T'uvien:

> Let me try something here, I will probably get this wrong but
> anyway: *New Zealand* vIDab. I live in New Zealand... ummm,

majQa'! pup.

You could add a <HIja'> or <HISlaH> in front to say "Yes, ..." if you wanted
to as well.

> if a Klingon was saying that (which they wouldn't, 'cause I
> doubt any Klingon's live in NZ) but would they say the
> equivalent of "Yes, I live in NZ"? and how did you guess?
> my spelling, but then you would have prehaps guessed
> British or Australian *face amazingly compossed as she says
> this word*.

I first noticed the "kiwi" in your email address, and then I noticed the
spelling of "Hullo".

pagh
Beginners' Grammarian

tlhIngan Hol Mailing List FAQ