tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 13 22:47:38 1999

Re: First Contacts KLBC

ghunchu'wI':

: {choghItlh} could literally be translated "you inscribe me."  I
: could easily interpret it as someone making marks on you. :-)

yImonQo'.  I'm reminded of Shir ha-Shirim (Song of Solomon) 8.6:

  simeni ka-Hotam 'al libekha ka-Hotam 'al zeroekha
  "set me as a seal upon thine heart, as a seal upon thine arm"

  tIqlIjDaq HIghItlh; DeSlIjDaq HIghItlh je

which is followed immediately by the very Klingon-sounding:

  ki 'azah ka-mavet ahavah
  "for love is as strong as death"

  HoSmo' parmaq; Hegh rur

--