tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Mar 20 13:33:18 1999

Re: Fresh Food in Space

ja' quljIb:
>> Hap?  Better get that spell-checker online fast -- "see" is {legh}.
>>
>I didn't translate the sentence literally. "I can see" really means "I can
>imagine" or I can believe", which I translated into tlhIngan.

{Hap} is a noun meaning "matter".  You probably wanted {Har} "believe".

You're making dictionary lookup errors at a prodigious rate here -- it
makes it hard to tell what you're trying to say.  In an environment with
more immediate feedback, that wouldn't be a problem, as you'd quickly be
corrected before you could learn the wrong words strongly enough.  But
here on the mailing list with hours or days between message and response,
you really should slow down a bit and be more careful.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level