tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Mar 20 15:29:10 1999

Re: Fresh Food in Space

On Sat, 20 Mar 1999, Alan Anderson wrote:

> ja' quljIb:
> >> Hap?  Better get that spell-checker online fast -- "see" is {legh}.
> >>
> >I didn't translate the sentence literally. "I can see" really means "I can
> >imagine" or I can believe", which I translated into tlhIngan.
>
> {Hap} is a noun meaning "matter".  You probably wanted {Har} "believe".
>
> You're making dictionary lookup errors at a prodigious rate here -- it
> makes it hard to tell what you're trying to say.  In an environment with
> more immediate feedback, that wouldn't be a problem, as you'd quickly be
> corrected before you could learn the wrong words strongly enough.  But
> here on the mailing list with hours or days between message and response,
> you really should slow down a bit and be more careful.
>
> -- ghunchu'wI'

Oy veh! I generally write out on paper what I want to say in Klingon
before I type it up and send it out. I tend not to proofread (as you've
noticed!) so that's most probably where the mistakes creep in. I shall
endeavour to be more attentive to details in the future.

Correct in sentences grammatically yours, :-)

quljIb

Back to archive top level