tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Mar 18 16:13:21 1999

Re: KLBC: bItam.

On 18-Mar-99, Lieven L. Litaer wrote:
> Zrajm C Akfohg schrieb:

>>> Dapar'a'?

>> 'e' ghellu'pu'chugh vaj <<HIja'>> <<ghobe'>> ghap jIjang.

>> I want to have an explanation of how the listener liked the poem, not
>> just simply a "yes" or "no".

>   If you want an explanation, then say it! jIHvaD Daparmo' meq yIQIj.
> or something like that. I believe in english (and many other terran
> languages) things like this are being used as idions. If somebody asks
> me "how do you like it" or "Do you like it?" they usually want an answer
> that's a few pages long, not just Yes or No.

I've been trying to think up a good way to say something like "What do you
think about this [information]?"

Well, I'm not satisfied with my results, they just seem to end up in strange
backward sentences. - The best one I've come up with so far is:

De'vam DabuStaHvIS, nuq DaQub?

or

DalaDtaHvIS, nuq DaQub?

It's alright I guess.. But how do I say something like
"Explain what you are thinking [about this]!"

>   So {chay' Dapar} is not the same as "how do you like it" (at least
> not to me)

>   Perhabs ask/say {lutHomwIj yIlughmoH} or s.th. like that.

"Cause my little story to be right." yIyajbe'. nuq Dajatlh, DaneH?

> Quvar muHwI'

/maHvatlh, jImIS.

--
   Zrajm C Akfohg    www.come.to/dark   Tel:018-500911
   Uppsala, Sweden   [email protected]    ICQ:16769663

Back to archive top level