tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Mar 18 07:55:38 1999

Re: KLBC: bItam.

Zrajm C Akfohg schrieb:

> > Dapar'a'?
>
> 'e' ghellu'pu'chugh vaj <<HIja'>> <<ghobe'>> ghap jIjang.
>
> I want to have an explanation of how the listener liked the poem, not just
> simply a "yes" or "no".

   Remember: klingon is very short and direct. And by the way, what kind
of answer do you expect when asking "how do you like it?" I wouldn't
know how to answer beside of "I like it" or "I don't". If I would answer
things like "it's too long", "it's nice" a.s.o. that would not be a
direct answer to the question "how do you like it?"
   If you want an explanation, then say it! jIHvaD Daparmo' meq yIQIj.
or something like that. I believe in english (and many other terran
languages) things like this are being used as idions. If somebody asks
me "how do you like it" or "Do you like it?" they usually want an answer
that's a few pages long, not just Yes or No.
   So {chay' Dapar} is not the same as "how do you like it" (at least
not to me)

   Perhabs ask/say {lutHomwIj yIlughmoH} or s.th. like that.

I could be completely wrong with my ideas too, so tell me what You think
about it...

Quvar muHwI'

Back to archive top level