tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Mar 19 22:39:12 1999

Re: KLBC: bItam.

ja' maHvatlh:
>I've been trying to think up a good way to say something like "What do you
>think about this [information]?"
>
>Well, I'm not satisfied with my results, they just seem to end up in strange
>backward sentences. -ÝThe best one I've come up with so far is:
>
>De'vam DabuStaHvIS, nuq DaQub?
>
>or
>
>DalaDtaHvIS, nuq DaQub?
>
>It's alright I guess.. But how do I say something like
>"Explain what you are thinking [about this]!"

{nuq DaQubtaH?  yIQIj.}  "Explain what you are thinking."

>>   Perhabs ask/say {lutHomwIj yIlughmoH} or s.th. like that.
>
>"Cause my little story to be right." yIyajbe'. nuq Dajatlh, DaneH?

{yIlughmoH} "cause it to be correct" -- or, more simply, "correct it."

I think you misspelled {vIyajbe'}, and your use of commas is a bit
odd.  Putting them in the middle of a Sentence as Object construction
disrupts the connection between the sentences, especially when the
second verb is {neH}.  When speaking, there usually isn't a pause
there anyway.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level