tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Mar 18 17:03:12 1999

Re: Cardassians, Bajorans, and Odo (oh my!)

quljIb wrote:

 > Before anyone (read charghwI' voragh je) gets mad, I want you all to
know
 > something: Any Klingon-looking words in {braces} are canon words. Any
 > words typed in <chevrons> are not and I MADE THEM UP. When I use
canon
 > words I shall try my best to list the source.

Thanks for the explanation, but this is still liable to cause confusion.
People on this list use all kinds of marks to set off their Klingon,
braces, parentheses, chevrons.  I use slashes //, only because I'm too
lazy to hit the SHIFT key for braces all the time.  The way real
linguists mark incorrect (or in this case, non-canon) words is with
an asterisk: *.  If you use this, you won't have to explain your
usage every time you write a non-canon word.

-- ter'eS

Back to archive top level