tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 06 17:29:55 1999

Re: Noun suffixes, type 5

In a message dated 1/6/1999 3:16:08 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

<< Well, the meaning I wanted was "extract from, take out of, take
 from". That's what you do to the tree in order to make the
 table. A Klingon knows that. He doesn't see wood like plastic or
 steel. He knows that it is a tree's heart, its flesh, it's
 substance that makes the table. The tree died to make that table. >>

Not yet.  I think {lel} means "extract" a sword from its sheath.  Qov has used
{lel} for taking food out of a refrigerator.

peHruS

Back to archive top level