tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 07 06:32:43 1999

Re: Noun suffixes, type 5

On Wed, 6 Jan 1999 17:35:32 -0800 (PST) [email protected] wrote:

> In a message dated 1/6/1999 3:16:08 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
> [email protected] writes:
>
> << Well, the meaning I wanted was "extract from, take out of, take
>  from". That's what you do to the tree in order to make the
>  table. A Klingon knows that. He doesn't see wood like plastic or
>  steel. He knows that it is a tree's heart, its flesh, it's
>  substance that makes the table. The tree died to make that table. >>
>
> Not yet.  I think {lel} means "extract" a sword from its sheath.  Qov has used
> {lel} for taking food out of a refrigerator.

These are fine uses. I think that "extracting" wood from a tree
is not different. The sword, food and wood were in their
containers and it was removed from that container. What is your
point?

> peHruS

charghwI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level