tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Dec 30 18:31:43 1999

Re: KLBC: Hol vI'lo 'e' vInID (jav)

ja'pu' tuv'el:
>tera' lalDanmey law' vIHaDlI'.
>I'm studying many of Earth's religeons.

ja' SuStel:
>When I read this sentence, I came up with "I'm studying many Earth
>religions."

Now that it's been pointed out to me, I can see it that way as well.
It's a matter of how tightly the adjectival verb binds to the noun
it follows vs. how tightly coupled the noun-noun pair is.  My first
impression is that the adjective should take precendence, but I'll
try to be aware of the other possibility.

-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level