tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 29 16:23:35 1999

Re: KLBC: Hol vI'lo 'e' vInID (jav)

jatlh tuv'el:
> >tera' lalDanmey law' vIHaDlI'.
> >I'm studying many of Earth's religeons.

jatlh ghunchu'wI':
> {lalDanmey law'} means "many religions".  I can't quite understand it as
> "many of the religions", the way you've tried to use it.  The only way I
> can interpret your sentence is as "I'm studying Earth's many religions."
>
> A general-purpose partitive "of" seems to be missing from Klingon grammar.

When I read this sentence, I came up with "I'm studying many Earth
religions."  This is much closer to tuv'el's "I'm studying many of Earth's
religions" than your interpretation.  Not that either is "correct"; either
interpretation could be the one meant, depending on context.

SuStel
Stardate 99993.4

Back to archive top level