tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 06 06:22:50 1999

Re: batlh pemugh! (was *muSHa'* yImuSHa'!)

On Fri, 6 Aug 1999 06:30:22 -0400 Thomas Staller
<[email protected]> wrote:

> bIlugh 'e' vIHarbe'.
>
> IMHO one cannot reverse the meaning of a Klingon verb by just
> adding the -Ha' suffix, because the implication of -Ha' includes
> a change in state.
>
> vImuS		I hate it
> vImuSHa'	I used to hate it, but now i don't hate it anymore.
>
> AFAIK (I do not have my TKD with me right now) -Ha' is translated
> *undo*...
>
> voqbe'wI'

That is one possible use of {-Ha'}, but you are mistaken if you
think that is the ONLY valid use of it. Explain {yajHa'} meaning
"misunderstand". Do you presume that this requires that you once
understood and then stopped understanding? I think you need to
pick up TKD and read that section again.

charghwI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level