tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 06 03:17:39 1999

Re: batlh pemugh! (was *muSHa'* yImuSHa'!)

bIlugh 'e' vIHarbe'.

IMHO one cannot reverse the meaning of a Klingon verb by just
adding the -Ha' suffix, because the implication of -Ha' includes
a change in state.

vImuS		I hate it
vImuSHa'	I used to hate it, but now i don't hate it anymore.

AFAIK (I do not have my TKD with me right now) -Ha' is translated
*undo*...

voqbe'wI'

Ryan Stasel wrote:

> I would have to agree.... muSHa' is the best way of stating a passionate
> love... since muS itself is a strong hate, the Ha' adding the negation and
> thereby reversing the word from Intense hate to intense Love.
>
> -StaZ

Back to archive top level