tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 06 05:57:24 1999

Re: Hello

> The first sentence is taken verbatim from the
> "Useful Klingon Phrases"
> appendix of The Klingon Dictionary, and it means
> "There are Klingons
> around here."

I totally agree with this :)

> The second is apparently supposed to be the phrase
> {Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam},
> found in The Klingon Way, meaning "It is a good day
> to die."

Now..is this simply a spelling mistake..or a different meaning?

Hechlu' meH QaQ jajvam

Hech - intends to
-lu' the indefinate subject (an unknown)

Hechlu' - someone intends to?
meH - brigde of a ship
QaQ - be good
jaj - day
-vam - this

jajvam - this day

QaQ jajvam - this good day??

I don't know...it kinda doesn't make much sense...someone intends to
....bridge of the Ship this good day???

 The last sentence is...odd.  I *think* it's intended
> to mean "Die well",
> but it is actually an exclamation meaning "ok, fine"
> followed by either
> the noun "death" or the verb "he dies".  It would
> probably be better as
> {batlh yIHegh}, "Die with honor", or better yet as
> {batlh bIHeghjaj},
> "May you die with honor."

Yeah I read this as Die Well also

The whole sentance could be changed due to the middle section,
meaning...the new meaning having something to do with the bridge of the
ship...
But then again...maybe not

b'ragh