tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Apr 08 21:57:42 1999

Back to archive top level

To this year's listing

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

Re: baffle - part of speech?

In a message dated 4/8/99 9:38:07 PM Eastern Daylight Time, 

<< >From the KLI new word list, vID 'Ir is listed as baffle, with the part of 
 >speech being noun.  Just what does this word mean, and how is it used?  Is 
 >one word or two?  What is the verb "baffle"?
 One word [ vID'Ir ]
 It is a thing. 
 A car muffler is a "baffle".
 Firearm silencers have baffles inside.
 The dome shaped parts on top of the Bird or Prey wings where they fold,
 those are baffles (noun).

So what exactly does a baffle do?


Back to archive top level