tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Apr 08 18:20:16 1999

Back to archive top level

To this year's listing

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

Re: baffle - part of speech?

>>From the KLI new word list, vID 'Ir is listed as baffle, with the part of 
>speech being noun.  Just what does this word mean, and how is it used?  Is it 
>one word or two?  What is the verb "baffle"?

One word [ vID'Ir ]

It is a thing. 
A car muffler is a "baffle".
Firearm silencers have baffles inside.

The dome shaped parts on top of the Bird or Prey wings where they fold,
those are baffles (noun).


Back to archive top level