tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Mar 02 12:07:40 1998

Re: ram Hurgh

According to m109:

> Speaking about 'walking the fields'would it be acceptable to say
>
> *Dat jIghoS*    I go everywhere or *Dat jIyIt*  I walk everywhere

Better would be {Day jIleng}. {ghoS} definitely gives a sense
of travelling along an intentional path with a specific
destination. {yIt} would work, but it doesn't carry the same
sense of wandering that you are asking for as well as {leng}.

> to convey an idea of wandering around with no definate purpose.
> Or does it mean, for example, 'I go to the shop, then to the hardware
> store, then back home'

{ghoS} would work to describe each leg of such a trip.

> Write Back
> qelayn
> --
> m109