tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jun 29 21:37:05 1998

Re: Question from a newbie

ghItlh Voragh:

>Unfortunately, I did not think to save Will's post until it was too late,
so
>I don't know what "version" Okrand approved. charghwI', do you still have
>your original post?

Actually this was a response to my post - but I agree with charghwI's idea
that the yu-yu interval is likely a twelfth (the range of the Star-Spangled
Banner, or the full range of a human(oid?) voice). Will's idea, which I've
grown to prefer, is that the scale is likely similar to our pentatonic scale
with it continuing past an octave.

Ex.

A    yu
C    bIm
D    'egh
E    loS
G    vagh
A'    jav
C'    Soch
D'    chorgh
E'    yu

Of course this is not verified as canon, nor is such verification likely in
the near future. This does seem to produce music idiomatic to what we hear
in episodes and movies, but the KLI's font looks like pIqaD and isn't, so
that's no criterion for canon-icity.

Qermaq

Back to archive top level