tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Sep 11 06:22:35 1997

Re: 5 min. Conversations

What I need and probably most others is more cassettes or CDs created on the
Kilngon language.  We need a "few experts"  to record a few hours worth of
conversations.  If you give me this, I know I'll be more confident during
conversation and five minutes will be cake.  I can learn to read and write
Klingon all I want, but getting the correct sentence pronouncations is the
hard part.  Oh, and I am aware and I have all the available audio resources
listed in the Klingon Language Institute, but we need more.

You wrote:

>charghwI' wrote:
>> By the way, that's a quote from WAAAAY back there. Old posts
>> never die. They just wait to be discussed AGAIN.
>
>That's not WAAAAY back.  THIS is WAAAAY back:
>
>On Fri, 2 Jul 93 15:25:51 EDT charghwI' wrote:
>>On Jul 1, 1993 11:55am, [email protected] wrote:
>>> I'm curious... how many people do you think that there are,
>>> world wide, who are capable of:
>>>
>>> 1) Holding a five minute conversation in Klingon?
>>
>>Very few. Probably less than 6.
>
>Hmm.  Where are we four years later?  The majority at qep'a' loSDIch could
>participate in a five minute conversation.  For some there would be a lot of
>nodding and smiling, but following and making the occasional comment.
>
>If the conversation was slow, on a restricted topic and allowed a fair
>amount of repetition could we count thirty or forty who could do it?  Am I
>wildly optimistic or short? Does it count if the other person spends four of
>the five minutes looking up things in the dictionary? :)
>
>Qov  ([email protected])
>Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level