tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Oct 15 05:29:37 1997

"Good night."

If I want to say "Good night" in klingon, should I do it exactly as in
english? (adjetive - noun).

{ram QaQ.}

Or should I say "The night is good":

{QaQ ram.}

What do we actually mean when we say "Good night?" - I thought about it
and
realized that when we say "Happy birthday." we definetly *do no* mean
that
the day itself is happy, but rather something along the line "May you be
happy on your birthday.":

{qoSwIj jIQuchjaj.}

So how do we say "Good night." in klingon? and what do we mean *exactly*
when we say it in english. "May your night be good."? Perhaps "May you
feel
good this night."?

/'eQ

--
  Bjorn X Oqvist    KLI(#H2014)    WCT(#491)
  [email protected]      http://www.kuai.se/~dark