tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Oct 12 13:17:37 1997

Re: KLBC: Questions with <'e'>

ghItlh ghunchu'wI'
>What evidence do we have of this, though?  While it makes perfect sense to
>assume that {'e'} should come immediately before the verb, Okrand's
examples
>commonly put adverbials *after* {'e'}.

Only once, I've been told.  Is there a source where I can get the text of
the Skybox cards besides those in HolQeD 5.3 and 6.2, which I have?  I've
only been in the Klingon language for one and a half years.

>(Maybe the fact that it's spelled the same as the suffix {-'e'} isn't just
>coincidence, and the rule on page 180 of TKD can apply?)<

That's the way I'd argue it to make it right, were I Okrand.
Qapla'
qoror

Back to archive top level