tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Oct 13 09:05:22 1997

Re: KLBC: Questions with <'e'>

[email protected] on behalf of Neal Schermerhorn wrote:
> Perhaps 'e' also marks the preceding sentence like its homophonic
> suffix, and perhaps canon appears to show that, but the rule is explicit
> and does not support that. There's just no reason or benefit to that being
> true, other than to correct what are apparently MO's errors.

A great deal of the language involves back-fitting errors, and must be
considered seriously.  The problem here is that there is canon showing us one
way to do it, but no canon showing us the way we think it's supposed to be
done.

SuStel
Stardate 97784.0

Back to archive top level