tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Oct 08 01:45:35 1997

Re: KLBC

At 05:43 97-10-06 -0700, M'Sala wrote:

}1. Hung yaS jI  - I am a Security Officer .

I think you've found the prefix table, and you're confusing it with the
pronouns. Some of the prefixes resemble related pronouns, but they are not
the same. To say "I am a security officer," compare with {tlhIngan maH} "We
are Klingons and use the *pronoun* {jIH} for I.  Good word order.

Pronouns are
jIH - I/me
SoH - you (one person)
ghaH - he/she
'oH - it
maH - we/us
tlhIH - you (more than one)
chaH - they/them (for people)
bIH - they/them (for things)

{Hung yaS jIH} "I am a security officer"

}2.suvI' tlhIngan jI  be'  - I am a Female Klingon Warrior.

Spelling problem on {SuvwI'}. {be'} isn't an adjective.  To say "I am a
female Klingon warrior" I recommend you say "I am a female.  I am a
warrior."  Try it.

}3 K'mpec  may' Duj jI - I served aboard the K'mpec.

This one requires a little more grammar and a missing verb. Also {may'Duj}
is one word. In Klingon to say "on" or "at" or "to" or "in" something, you
put the suffix {-Daq} on the something.  The resulting location goes at the
beginning of the sentence, just as you have it.  You then need the verb
"serve" which is {toy'}.

{K'mpec may'DujDaq jItoy'} - I served aboard the K'mpec battleship.

Remember: prefixes go on verbs, pronouns go by themselves.  mu'ghom
DaSuqnIS. lI' mu'ghom.

Qov     [email protected]
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level