tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Mar 07 10:58:03 1997

RE: KLBC: <lan> jIyajbe'

jatlh SuStel:

vaj pablIj vIlughmoH neH. qaQaHlaHbe'.
<<<

va! mujon quv'e'. {{{:-)>

A bit of apposition with {wot <lan>}, but we can do that. I try to avoid
overdoing it, though, as it can get confusing.
<<<

nuqjatlh. jIyajbe' <apposition>.

> >From exercise 6, sentence 9:
> qeq javvo' mu'tlhegh Hut: <naDev lannISbe' Dochvetlh'e'>

This would do as clipped Klingon. There's no main verb.

Hmmm . . . does the sentence really say that?
<<<

HIja'! mu'tlhegh ghItlhbejpu' <David Barron>.

> I translate it as (guessing)
> vImughlaw' <That thing doesn't go here.>

I don't know how quotations work with verbs like {mugh}, but probably treat
them as the objects of the verb. Otherwise, I'd have to use {jI-} instead of
{vI-}.

And {-law'} doesn't mean you're guessing about how accurate your translation
is. It means you're guessing that you are translating at all!
<<<

vaj jIghItlhnIS: <mu'tlheghvetlh jImugh 'e' vIloy>

> Does the verb work in this sentence? <I put the pet out>
> mu'tlheghvamvaD Qap'a' wot <HurDaq Saj vIlan>

maj. 'ach jIjanglaHbe'taH!
<<<

jIjatlhqa' va!!!! {{{:-)>

> Thanks in advance