tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Mar 07 11:55:19 1997

Re: A few Questions

>Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 08:37:17 -0500 (EST)
>From: Lursa <[email protected]>
>cc: Multiple recipients of list <[email protected]>
>
>On Thu, 6 Mar 1997, Mark E. Shoulson wrote:
>> teHchu'.  pIqaD ma'bej <Linux> pat.  tlhIngan Hol yejHaD van 'ej quvmoH.
>> Daghajchugh, /usr/src/linux/Documentation/unicode.txt yIlaD.
>>
>> Indeed, Linux supports tlhIngan Hol in its kernel, having built it into its
>> Unicode support in the Private Use Area.  The documentation lists the
>> letters and refers to the KLI, even putting in its web site.  It's not so
>> much that Linux is the Empire's OS, but tlhIngan-Hol is Linux' language.
>Maj! I shall look up that doc.
>OH BTW they also (in slackware distribution , which I have) have the
>klingon character set. is this the same set that the KLI was working on?

If you mean the ones in the Slackware distribution of TeX fonts, I think
there are two Klingon character character sets.  One is called "klinz" and
is the character set used on some of the older shows (not the original
series, though, I think).  The other is in a directory named "okuda"
(though the actual font name is "pIq") and is indeed a METAFONT version of
the character set used later and mapped to the sounds of tlhIngan Hol, the
one that appears at http://www.kli.org/kli/pIqaD.html.  I should know, I
wrote that font source!  Take a look at the .mf file.

~mark

Back to archive top level