tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jun 27 15:44:29 1997

RE: KLBC: new words, once more for all...

[email protected] on behalf of Robyn Stewart wrote:

> & I understand that Okrand had prepared a list of possible names for
> & the Klingon Homeworld, but that someone eventually chose "Kronos."
> & He obviously didn't want to use {QonoS}, because that was already
> & one of his joke words: "log, journal."
>
> tlhaQ'a'?  qatlh?

I didn't say it was funny, I said it was a joke word.  :)

"Chrono" is a word element referring to time.  When you keep a journal, you're
recording events at various points of time.  "Captain's Log, Stardate . . ."

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level