tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jun 28 06:59:58 1997

Re: KLBC: new words, once more for all...

David Trimboli wrote:

> [email protected] on behalf of Robyn Stewart wrote:
>
> > & I understand that Okrand had prepared a list of possible names for
>
> > & the Klingon Homeworld, but that someone eventually chose "Kronos."
>
> > & He obviously didn't want to use {QonoS}, because that was already
> > & one of his joke words: "log, journal."
> >
> > tlhaQ'a'?  qatlh?
>
> I didn't say it was funny, I said it was a joke word.  :)
>
> "Chrono" is a word element referring to time.  When you keep a
> journal, you're
> recording events at various points of time.  "Captain's Log, Stardate
> . . ."
>
> --
> SuStel
> Beginners' Grammarian
> Stardate 97489.2

 Kronos (also spelt Cronos, Cronus) .
Greek myth : a Titan, son of Uranus (sky) and Gaea (earth), who ruled
the world until his son Zeus dethroned him.
Roman counterpart Saturn.
In astrology Saturn is seen as the planet of evil.
cha'wIgh

Back to archive top level