tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 04 16:31:46 1997

RE: name question

|But besides that, putting {-lu'} and {-wI'} together just doesn't make any
|sense to me.  {-lu'} means the subject is indefinite or general, whereas
|{-wI'} means that whatever is the subject of the verb is what the word is
|referring to!  It's NOT indefinite!

|"One who is trusted" would be {nuv voqlu'bogh}.

|SuStel

Another option would be to do what Okrand did in Skybox Card S8 when he
translated "Kahless the Unforgettable" as qeylIS lIjlaHbe'bogh vay':

    nuv voqlaHbogh vay'   ("a person whom one can trust")

Voragh

Back to archive top level