tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 04 14:54:12 1997

RE: name question

January 03, 1997 10:54 PM, jatlh SuSvaj:

> This is kind of a subjective statement, but *vIvoqlu' * just doesn't sound
> like a name to me.  It is more of a statement.  If you want to stick with
> the concept of "faith", I would suggest *voqlu'wI' *, "One who is trusted."
>  Does anyone see a problem with that?

Yeah.  It's yet another name which ends in {-wI'}.  I honestly think that
Klingons just don't use this suffix in their names!  Has there been a single
Klingon on Star Trek who has?

But besides that, putting {-lu'} and {-wI'} together just doesn't make any
sense to me.  {-lu'} means the subject is indefinite or general, whereas
{-wI'} means that whatever is the subject of the verb is what the word is
referring to!  It's NOT indefinite!

"One who is trusted" would be {nuv voqlu'bogh}.

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level