tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 04 15:40:06 1997

Re: name question

Do you really want to be called "I Am Trusted"?  How about "Dances With
> Wolves"?  Or "Sitting Bull"?  Or "I Activate The Transport Beam"?

Actually, from what I have seen on this list, none of the above names would
be that much out of the norm.  I rather like the Native Americanish sound
that many of our chosen names have.  Including yours and mine ("Wind Wing",
and "Wind Warrior" respectively).

> What about just {voq}?

*voq* isn't a noun.  It doesn't mean "Faith".  It means "To have faith in".
 I see your point about the dubious nature of *voqlu'wI' *.  I'm afraid the
only other thing I can think of would be *voqwI' *, "One who trusts."  This
may actually be more in keeping with the spirit of her name, but it doesn't
sound very Klingon.   On the other hand, there is *HarwI' *, "Believer."

I hope we haven't confused you to badly Caryn.

SuSvaj

Back to archive top level