tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Dec 18 08:40:57 1997

Re: What to buy

According to Joel Peter Anderson:

> On Wed, 17 Dec 1997 [email protected] wrote:
>
> > 	I have purchased The Klingon Dictionary, The Galactic Traveler's
> > Guide to Klingon, and the Klingon Language Lab on CDROM.  What else is
> > should I buy right away|?
>
> The Klingon Way is good - but over that I'd recommend getting the tapes,
> so you can hear Klingon (Conversational Klingon, Power Klingon, and The
> Klingon Way).

Please note that Conversational Klingon and Power Klingon have
the langauge well pronounced by Marc Okrand, while The Klingon
Way has the langauge sometimes pronounced acceptably and
sometimes hacked really badly by two actors who don't speak the
langauge. They get points for trying and some of what they say
is pretty good, but especially some of what Michael Dorn utters
on that tape is painful for many of us to listen to.

As for The Klingon Way, read the book. Get the tape for
amusement, but the book is much better.

> As noted The Klingon Way is good as a rich source of canonical phrases in
> Klingon to analyze.
>
> ** joel anderson * [email protected] * http://umn.edu/~joela **
>     *** QI'tu' Holmey ghot Holmey je vIlo'chugh, ***
>  *** 'ach parmaq  vIghajbe'chugh, vaj jIchuSchoHqu' ***
>   *** [email protected]   ****  [email protected] ***

charghwI'

Back to archive top level