tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 17 21:03:43 1997

Re: Program??

>Hi, Im Si'woQnoh cho'jeHoS, I am kind of a lurker because I dont know that
>much about the Klingon language.  I purchased the Klingon Way and
>Conversational Klingon, but I am still in the dark.  I am going to join the
>KLI and a few other Klingon things :-).  But I am wondering, I have a program
>called the "UTA" or "Universal Translator Assistant" and it is kinda bad.  I
>am looking for the best "almost translator" (I know that direct Klingon
>translators dont exist).  Does anyone have any ideas?

A good translator program is called mu'HaqwI' (Word Surgeon).  Do a yahoo
search for it (either as mu'HaqwI' or muhaqwi).  Its availiable as a Mac,
UNIX and Windows program (although, the Mac one gives you all the charts,
prefixes, suffixes, etc displayed while you use it translate tlh-Eng and
Eng-tlh).  The others do not have the charts.  But it makes it easy to read
the translated text through the tlh-Eng analyzer, availiable in all
versions.  The dictionary files are updated from time to time...

--
Worf, Son of Mogh (Worf Rozhenko)

[email protected]

IRC: EFNet: Worf/wo`rIv
  StarLink: Worf
    SL-IRC: Worf
(Mask to look for: *!*@*.direct.ca)

URLs: http://worf.home.ml.org or http://www.home.ml.org/worf

Email/reply to [email protected] with "**PGP KEY**" in the subject to get my
public key.

Back to archive top level